Psychoeducational and cognitive testing is available at Hemispheres Psychology and Neurotherapy for children and adolescents who require an assessment for educational and learning abilities, intellectual functioning, and memory functioning, and for adults who are experiencing difficulties with executive functioning, memory, and general overall cognitive abilities.
Psychometric testing usually occurs over three to four sessions. At the initial session, the psychologist will gather detailed information regarding the nature of the problem. In the second session and possible third session, standardised psychometric tests will be administered. The final session involves comprehensive feedback along with a written report provided to the individual, parents, and/or school if required.
Cognitive assessments are tailored to the individual’s age and involve formalised test batteries designed to measure verbal and non-verbal intelligence, academic achievement, executive function, cognitive and processing abilities, and emotional, behavioural and adaptive functioning. Our typical test cross-batteries include:
- Intelligence tests: Wechsler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence – Fourth Edition (WPPSI-IV); Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children – Fifth Edition (WISC-V); and the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale – Fourth Edition (WAIS-IV)
- Academic achievement tests: Wechsler Individual Achievement Test – Third Edition (WIAT-III)
- Behavioural and adaptive measures: Conners-3 Rating Scale; Behaviour Rating Inventory of Executive Function-2 (Brief II); Behaviour Assessment System for Children, Third Edition (BASC-III)
- Memory tests: Wechsler Memory Scale – Fourth Edition (WMS-IV)
- Executive and cognitive functioning: Delis-Kaplan Executive Function System (D-KEFS); NEPSY-II, Repeatable Battery for Neuropsychological Status (RBANS)
- Auditory processing difficulties: SCAN-3 for both children and adults.
Please contact us on 0439 074 075 for bookings and/or enquiries