Counselling & Therapy
At Hemispheres, our clinicians work with a range of evidence-based psychological therapies. We use cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT), eye movement and desensitisation therapy (EMDR), interpersonal therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy, motivational interviewing, and schema-focused therapy, as well as mindfulness-based approaches.
How we can help
- Anxiety – panic attacks, generalised anxiety, social anxiety, post-traumatic stress, separation anxiety, obsessions & compulsions, fear and phobias
- Depression – feeling flat/sad/empty (chronic & reactive), depression due to physical illness, post-natal depression
- Grief and loss – losing a loved one, terminal illness, miscarriage, life changes
- Personal issues – self-esteem, anger management, assertiveness, uncertainty about life direction, relationship difficulties, body image, eating disturbances, sexual issues
- Physical health – stress management, coping with illness, sleep difficulties, migraine, pain management
- Eating disorders – anorexia, bulimia, binge eating
- Personality disorders – borderline, narcissistic, dependent, obsessive-compulsive personalities
- Adjustment Issues – separation/divorce, job loss, retirement, menopause
- Addictions – problem alcohol or drug use and gambling
- Pain and Anxiety Management – relaxation training, diaphragmatic breathing, guided imagery, progressive muscle relaxation
- Sleep disorders – insomnia, nightmares
- Workplace issues – including career change, work stress and conflict, burnout, work performance and bullying.