Need Help Now?
Hemispheres is unable to provide a mental health crisis service.
If you are in Townsville, for urgent mental health concerns please contact the Acute Care team on 1300 64 2255 or attend The Townsville Hosptial Emergency Department.
For life-threatening emergencies call 000 or go to your nearest hospital emergency department.
Telephone and Online Contacts:
- NQ Connect 1300 059 625: 24/7 free counselling telephone and online counselling support to people in northern Queensland https://nqconnect.com.au
- Lifeline 13 11 14: 24/7 counselling service provides crisis and suicide prevention support through telephone and online counselling https://www.lifeline.org.au
- Kids Help Line 1800 555 1800: 24/7 access to a trained mental health professional will listen and provide information and advise. Online chat is available from 3 pm to 12 am – 7 days a week https://kidshelpline.com.au
- Beyond Blue 1300 22 4636: available 24/7 https://www.beyondblue.org.au
- Open Arms (formerly VVCS) 1800 011 046: 24/7 free and confidential counselling service to Australian veterans and their families https://www.openarms.gov.au/get-support
- Parentline 1300 30 1300 (available 8 am – 10 pm, 7 days a week offering free counselling and support for parents and carers https://www.parentline.com.au
- eheadspace 9 am to 1 am, 7 days a week offers free, confidential and secure space where young people aged 12 – 25 years and their families can webchat, email or speak on the phone to a qualified youth mental health professional https://www.eheadspace.org.au